Adult Counseling and Therapy Sessions
Customized trauma and depression counseling for all Washington D.C. adults
Everyone occasionally feels periods of stress, sadness, grief, loss, or conflict. Sometimes it can be difficult to know when it is time to seek professional help. Adult counseling with a licensed therapist in Washington DC is a safe way for an individual to express themselves and better come to terms with a situation or mental state. The sooner counseling is received, the easier it is to get through the problem.
Some signs that it may be time for you to seek adult counseling and on-going therapy sessions include:
- You’ve suffered a trauma – Some traumas include the death of someone close, an abusive relationship, job loss, or even a difficult breakup. All of these situations can cause grief that affects everyday life.
- You use substances to cope – You may find yourself drinking alcohol or using drugs to cope with a particularly difficult situation. This could mean that you have some underlying feelings that need to be addressed.
- Your work suffers – If you notice negative changes in work performance, it is likely that your boss or co-workers notice them too. These negative changes are common for those struggling with emotional or psychological issues.
- You don’t enjoy previously loved activities – You may notice that doing the activities that you previously enjoyed no longer appeals to you. There may be a disconnection that did not exist previously.
- Nothing you do seems to help – Sometimes our own coping skills do not work to alleviate our symptoms. If you’ve tried many different things already and nothing has helped, then it may be time to see someone.
- Others have noticed – Maybe a family member or friend has asked you if everything is okay. Sometimes we think that we can hide our symptoms, but often others that truly know us can tell something is wrong.
If you or a loved one has been experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be time to look into adult counseling for short and long-term therapy. Dr. Wilfried Busse is a licensed Ph.D. in Washington, DC and he works with adults during one-on-one counseling sessions to provide support and guidance to help you cope with a specific problem or life event. Call today to schedule an appointment at our office in Bethesda, MD.